Camalot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camalot

This is a forum for members of the Camalot alliance on Evony.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camalot pt7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedPrince

RedPrince

Camalot pt7 Empty
PostSubject: Camalot pt7   Camalot pt7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 7:29 pm

“Well you made a fine mess of yourself.” Jeanne said as she came up to stand by the wagon where Red was laying down, being tended too. “Little boys trying to prove who has the bigger dick.” She mocked.
“Ahh dArk, leave him alone.” Grave said as took a long swallow of his ale. “He’s been beaten up enough tonight, he doesn’t need a winked tongue lashing from the likes of you.”
“Well i could always turn my tongue on you Grave if you’d like?” dArk shot back.
“Well i’m out, sorry Red i know when im beat.” Grave said as he slipped away.
“Coward...” Red managed to mutter but Grave was already gone.
“So what was that all about?” Jeanne asked coolly.
“What?” Red replied, wincing from the pain in his swollen jaw.
“Why would you step into the circle and fight?” Jeanne said. “That’s not like you at all.”
“You don’t even know me, so how could you come to that conclusion?” Red replied, thanking the soldier would had bandaged him up as he sat up on the end of the wagon.
Red stood up and turned to face dArk, she stood their staring at him intently. “What?” Red said coldly.
Jeanne step in close, she was only a finger span from Red’s face, her eyes dancing with a inquisitive passion, her mouth parted as if to speak, then closed. Several moments passed, which felt like hours, when finally she turned and walked away, only to step just before she vanished around the wagon. “You intrigue me, Red...” She paused, “thats not always a good thing.” Then she was gone.
Red stood there dumbfounded, the smell of dArk’s scent still lingering in the air around him. He shook his head and pulled himself out of the awkward daze. “What the hell was that?” He muttered to himself as he limped off to find his spot away from everyone, so he could sleep.
“What the hell was that?” Bloodwolfe barked at Sheepwool.
“It was a fight my King.” Sheepwool answered honestly.
“You know damn well what he means Sheepwool!” Whitewolf interjected bitterly before the King could answer. “You could have killed him, then what!”
“My love, calm yourself.” Bloodwolfe said trying to tame his fury bound bride.
“The hell i will!” The Queen snapped back, more coldly then she had intended to her lover.
“If he would have been killed, then i guess that would prove he isn’t the hope we need, now wouldn’t it?” Sheepwool replied, his voice calm and assured.
“Your attitude lately Sheepwool has been unaccountable!” The Queen snapped. “I have the mind to have to publicly lashed!”
“My Love, Enough!” The King stepped in.
“If that is your will my Queen, then i will summit.” Sheepwool responded, no fear touching his words.
“No one will be lashed.” The king said. “Red stepped into the circle of his own free will. To punish Sheepwool, would hurt the men’s moral to circle rights.”
The Queen took a deep breath and calmed a little. “You still knew better Sheepwool.” With that she stormed off.
Several moments passed before the King spoke. “Why do you do this to me my friend?”
“I was only defending my title in the circle my King.” Sheepwool replied.
“Cut the shit, you know what i mean.” Bloodwolfe barked back. “You could’va ended the fight sooner with less damage.”
Sheepwool’s eyes averted Bloodwolfe’s momentarily.
“You mean to tell me, he stood full grounds with you?” The King asked.
“He did well enough.” Sheep muttered back bitterly.
“Answer me truthfully!” The King ordered.
“He isn’t something great, he is just a lumber jack.” Sheepwool snapped back.
Bloodwolfe did well to contain his raising anger. “Your are not to engage in anymore...”games” with Red, you are dismissed.”
“Yes your highness.” Sheepwool replied as he walked out into the night.
Sheepwool walked through the camp of men, many cheering as he passed and patting him on his back telling him had the fight continued he would have won for sure, others he could tell thought differently.
The cool air burned on his swollen face and knuckles. Anger burned deep within him. How could some lumber jack nobody stand his ground against him? It was unheard of. Unless...
Red laid out his bed roll on the cold earth and was about to crawl into in when Sheepwool rounded the corner and stopped before him.
“Come to finish what we started?” Red muttered, standing straight, though he knew he was in no shape to fight again. And had to wonder how Sheepwool was standing and looking as fine as he was.
“How did you learn to fight like that lumber jack?” Sheepwool asked.
Red let his guard down, but only a little. “Why?”
“Because i must know, just give me this and i will leave.” Sheepwool replied.
Red looked him hard in the eyes for a moment before answering. “Rage... anger... hate... confusion... take your pick.”
Sheepwool stared hard at him, then nodded, and turned and left.
Red climbed into his bed roll, a hundred question assaulting him, but pure exhaustion won over and he fell fast asleep.
Back to top Go down

Camalot pt7
Page 1 of 1