Camalot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camalot

This is a forum for members of the Camalot alliance on Evony.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camalot pt6

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedPrince

RedPrince

Camalot pt6 Empty
PostSubject: Camalot pt6   Camalot pt6 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:59 pm

As the group rode out of Vanity a dust cloud could be since in the north, where King Bloodwolfe’s army was marching to Vanity to do as he had promised. The rest would meet up with the small group now heading west, towards Camalot.
Red looked back over his shoulder at Vanity, weird feelings washing over him, he had never expected to leave Vanity, not like this anyways. He was happy, and yet scared and confused all in one.
“Never look back, always ahead.” Grave said to him as he rode side by side with Red’s stallion. “If you look back on life, you’ll always find regret and lose, but if you look forward to the future, you’ll find dreams and unknown, which is by far the better choice.”
“What are you some sort of warrior scholar?” Red asked him, wondering where all these random quips of wisdom kept coming from.
“HAHA,” Grave hollered, “naw Red, i just drink alot, and hear alot of other poets and bards sing and talk in taverns, so i listen and like to throw in random parts to people, makes me sound all smart eh?” Grave laughed again. “But don’t you dare tell anyone i told you that, the ladies like the warrior scholar.”
They traveled long into the day and stopped only once to eat a short meal well the sun was at its peak in the clear blue sky. Then they were moving again, until finally then sun was near the peaks of the distant mountains and night was approaching. They stopped and made camp.
Five-hundred troops spread out in various groups around cooking fires to eat and chat amongst themselves. All friends and comrades, solider brothers and brethren. A pang of pain touched Red as he remembered his friends from the town of Val, how might have things be now had they not all been killed? Would he be sitting around a fire talking with them of days passed and paths ahead?
He shook the thought from his head, like Grave said no point looking in the past. Now he sat against a wagon wheel eating a thick stew, alone. He didn’t feel much like talking to anyone. And had chosen this spot for its seclusion.
Red’s thoughts were stirred by the sound of clashing steel. His heart started pounding hard. Were they under attack? His hand snatched up his battle axe and he charged to the sound of battle. A large circle had gathered around a large plot of flat earth. Two men fought inside vigorously. All around them the men cheered.
“Ah there you are Red.” Grave said coming up behind him.
“What is going on here?” Red asked, his grip still tight on his weapon.
“Oh this? Just some fun, the warriors like to do, see who the best fighter along us is.” Grave replied.
“Doesn’t anyone ever get hurt or killed?” Red asked confused.
“Yes, people get hurt all the time, but very few times does anyone actually die.” Grave said. “The weapons they use have been dulled.”
A massive swing of a broad sword cracked hard against the other man’s sword, the power of the attack buckled his knee’s and he hit the earth, only to find a foot clipping under his chin, laying him out flat and out cold. A might roar from the crowd went up as the victor raise his sword in victory and hollered a war cry.
“Looks like Sheepwool wins again, damn.” A soldier in front of Red muttered.
“I told ya not to bet against him, he always wins.” Another man said.
“You should try it out Red.” Grave told him.
“No im not interested, i only fight when i have to.” Red replied, turning to walk away.
“Practice will keep you alive ya know.” Grave said to him. “Two summers ago, Sheepwool lost to Lord Victor in the games. You defeated Lord Victor without even breaking a sweat, im sure you could win. Be a good way for the men to see you and get to know you, then you might not have to sit by yourself hiding behind a wagon.” Grave added.
Red stopped in his tracks. “i choose that spot for that reason.” He said over his shoulder.
“I’m sure ya did.” Grave said as he went back to watch if another would step in to face the winner.
“Is there not anyone else?” Sheepwool called out, but no one made a move to enter. “Come on, someone has to be for the challenge!”
The crowd parted and Red stepped into the circle, with a dulled training battle axe in his hands.
“And who are you?” Sheepwool asked him.
“Red,” was all the replied that followed.
“Ahh yes the new comer, who was shown up by a girl in the knife throwing contest.”He laughed loud and many other laughed with him. “let us play then, Red.”
Red gripped the axe in both hands as they began to circle each other. Sheepwool was taller than him and his arms and legs lengthy, giving him the reach advantage. But frame wise Red was the thicker build. Sheepwools long brown hair was wild and all over the place, and Red was sure it would hinder his view.
Red stepped in and jabbed his axe head in hard hoping to score a hit in his opponents mid section. Sheepwools sword came down fast and hard blocking the attack and causing Red to stumble forward right into a elbow. Red staggered back from the blow, had it been harder his nose would be broken.
“Come on now is that the bets you got?” Sheepwool taunted as he charged forwards slashing left and right with his broad sword forcing Red to back step.
Red timed his move perfectly, Sheepwool swung left and he spun right and forward, the butt end of his axe shaft smashing into Sheepwool’s side hard causing him to stumble and almost trip. But he quickly righted himself and turned to face Red again.
“There we go now, the first hits are out if the way, time for some fun.” Sheep said. Both charged forward axe and sword clashing violently.
“Hey you guys are missing one hell of a fight in the circle.” Grave said as he ran up to Bloodwolfe and Whitewolf, who were sitting with Jeanne dArk and several others.
“I’ve seen a hundred fights in the circle i am sure i can miss this one.”Bloodwolfe replied.
“I don’t know about that, your golden boy is in there with Sheepwool.” Grave explained as he turned and ran back to the fight.
“Oh dear god Sheepwool is going to kill him.” The Queen muttered.
“Now that is a fight i have to see.” Jeanne said as she ran to the fight.
“Well i guess we should go see too, my love.” The king said with a wink.
“He will do us no good if he is dead or crippled.” The Queen barked back.
“Who’s to say Red will lose?” The king replied.
“He is a lumber jack from a small hick town, not a warrior like Sheepwool.” The queen replied.
The crowd roared as Red parried a wild thrust from Sheepwool and met him with a right hook to his chin. Both men were covered in sweat and blood. Swelling and bruises already showing on both men’s faces and bodies.
Red charged in an over head chop leading, hoping to force his opponent to the ground. But Sheepwool anticipated the attack and went down low and launched himself forwards, driving his shoulder into Red’s chest and knocking them both from their feet. Weapons were quickly thrown aside as a brawl broke out.
Sheepwool slammed several hard hit down into Red’s face, but Red blocked the blows with his forearms, taking little damage. But still the fist rained down, and several making it through. A quick roll over and Red was on his stomach and pushed up hard, hoping to dislodge Sheepwool and put this fight back on their feet. But Sheepwool wrapped his arm around Red’s neck and began to tighten his hold cutting off Red’s air.
Without thought Red through himself back hard, the weight of his body crushed against Sheepwools as they hit the hard earth, The air was knocked from Sheepwools lungs and his hold loosened and Red free’d himself and was back on his feet.
Red launched himself at Sheepwool as he tried to get to his feet, but Sheepwool seen the attack last minute and his foot came up as he went back, catching Red in the stomach and throwing him over several feet to crash into the ground hard.
Both men were back on their feet instantly and clashing again. Sheepwool landed a left and right combo which swung Red around. Sheepwool came forward in hope to score a finishing blow and as he did Red countered with the momentum of his swing a right back-hand that hit solid spraying blood from Sheepwools nose and mouth and staggering him sever paces.
Red ran in and kick out hoping to knock Sheepwool form his feet again. But Sheepwool spun around and ducked low, his fist driving into the back of Red’s knee toppling him hard to the ground, a hammer fist followed fast on the top of Red’s face, causing him to go limp.
Sheepwool jumped to his feet and roared. “VICTORY!” And the crowd chanted his name several times before all was silent.
Sheepwool turned to see Red was pulling himself to his feet.
“The fights done, i won.” Sheepwool barked to him.
Red spit blood onto the ground and grinned up at him. “And yet here i am still fighting.” He staggered. “A fights not over until its over.”
“Cocky little cunt aren’t ya?” Sheepwool replied. “Well then i guess i needot finish you off then.”
“ENOUGH!” The King bellowed out and all went still. “You two are going to kill each other!” The King barked, stepping into the circle.
“Bleh, i’d of killed him, but he ain’t got a hope in killin me.” Sheepwool muttered.
“Get yourselves cleaned up.” The King ordered as he walked back to his camp with his Queen and Jeanne.
Back to top Go down

Camalot pt6
Page 1 of 1