Camalot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camalot

This is a forum for members of the Camalot alliance on Evony.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camalot pt5

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedPrince

RedPrince

Camalot pt5 Empty
PostSubject: Camalot pt5   Camalot pt5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 3:54 pm

Morning came quickly and sleep didn’t come at all for Red. He had laid in bed all night tossing and turning, his mind not shutting off. Questions assaulting him from every angle. And before he knew it, the first few rays of the morning sun were creeping through his window.
Red got up and dressed in his riding clothes, brown tanned leather slacks and a brown cotton shirt. It was the nicest clothes he owned, he hadn’t worn them in years, but for some reason today felt like a good day to wear them.
The blacksmith had packed him a large sack of supplies for his journey with the King, though he doubted he would need them, for the King had bought plenty of supplies from Vanity. But Red had wanted his own supplies, he didn’t want to rely on anyone else.
He walked out of the blacksmiths house and onto the dusty streets of Vanity, he could already see people gathering near the gates, preparing for their long trek to Camalot.
“Good to hear you decided to come with us.” A familiar voice said from behind him, that he recognized instantly.
Red didn’t even turn to regard Grave, who was standing off to the side of the Blacksmiths house. “Yes, well apparently i just needed a woman’s persuasion.” Red muttered.
“Ah yes Jeanne dArc, would be that woman my friend, a fine woman indeed, cocky, coe, strong and sure, and beautiful to boot. A many man’s hearts she has broken, or stabbed.” Grave chuckled as he moved next to Red. “Let me formally introduce myself, the names Grave, nephew to the Great King Bloodwolfe.” He stuck out his hand.
Red looked down at the awaiting hand, then looked back up into Graves black eyes and goofy smile. Red grabbed it and shook it firmly. “Nice to meet you Graves, if you ever try to put a knife in my back again i’ll put your arm up your ass.” Red said with a smirk.
Grave smile widened and he let out a loud laugh. “This is the start of a beautiful friendship, Red.”
“Get over here you two.” Jeanne called from the group gathered by the gates.
“Well my new friend let us get this adventure on the go shall we?” Grave said as he began to walk toward the group.
Red reached down and grabbed his double bladed wood axe from the porch.
“No, no leave that thing here.” Grave told him. “That is a lumber jacks weapon, not a warriors.”
“I have nothing else, i don’t know how to use any other weapon.” Red told him.
“That’s fine, i figured that would be the case, so i found something for you, it’s over in the wagon’s.” Grave told him.
Grave climbed into the large army wagon and began rooting around, until finally he found what he was looking for. “Damn people always packing things away.” Grave muttered as he climbed down, a long tightly wrapped bundle in his arms. “Here you go Red, check that out.”
Red took the bundle and unwrapped the weapon, and gasped at the battle axe before him. He picked it up and admired the weapon. Twin butterfly blades that came to cruel long tips at the top, perfect for spearing enemies and puncturing through armour. The shaft was hard treated oak, wrapped in steel, making near impossible to break. For the size of the weapon, it was surprisingly light as Red swung it back and forwards testing the balance and movement.
“I knew you would like it.” Grave laughed as he pulled his own two strange weapons from the wagon and strapped them across his back.
“What are those?” Red asked him as he strapped his new weapon across his back in the sheath that it came with.
“Ahh these, these are my own invention, i call them Kama’s” Grave replied pulling the twp small hatchet like weapons off his back. “Almost like scythes, but with longer, sharper blades. Like mini reapers.” Grave laughed. “Hence why i got the nick name Grave.”
“Good morning Red.” Jeanne said with a smirk, her long blond hair tied back into a ponytail. She wore tight black riding pants, and a tight crimson silk riding shirt, that fit snugly around her slender frame, showing off her womanly curves. She wore two over lapping knife belts with abundance of throwing knifes in each one. And on her left hip rested a rapier, a light but deadly quick sword meant for piercing thrusts and killing slashes. “Glad you could join us this morning.” She mocked.
“Wouldn’t have missed it for the world.” Red replied sarcastically.
“Morning Jeanne.” Grave said.
“I’m sure you wouldn’t have.” She replied as she walked away, her hips moving methodically catching the eyes of several of the men.
“That’s ok, i don’t really matter, just ignore me, thats fine.” Grave grumbled.
Red watched as the King and his Queen exited the only inn in town, hand in hand. They completely each other like the sun to the crop fields. An unspoken perfection, of bliss and destiny radiated from them. Red recalled something similar from his parents, but forced the memory away.
“Ah yes, the King and Queen, a splendid couple indeed.” Grave whispered. “Never before was there a couple so grand. Good thing i let him have her.” Grave chuckled.
Red cocked a disbelieving eye over to Grave.
“No i’m serious. I was courting her before.” Grave boosted. “Well kinda, she was just playing hard to get, is all. But i could have gotten her, but Wolfe said he wanted her. So i let him have her.”
Red just shook his head and smirked. “Whatever you say Grave.”
“It is good to see you here Red.” King Bloodwolfe said. “I promise you great things, and you will not regret this decision.”
“Well it was either this or pull a few knifes from my chest.” Red replied, trying to hold back the bitterness.
“I said throat not chest.” Jeanne called from somewhere in the crowed.
Everyone around tried to hide their smirks.
“Yes well I am still pleased to have you with us.” The King said.
“I feel like i am abandoning my town, without me here to help them, what will they do if someone else attacks?” Red asked.
“Only a great man would care about something like that.” The Queen replied.
“I have thought about that as well, and my army is camped only a few miles north of here. I didn’t want to march them towards Vanity so not to arise fear. But i have sent a messenger to them, half with stay here and help protect Vanity and help train those willing and to help build Vanities defences, so if or when an attack comes, it will be able to repel them with ease.”The king told him.
“When will i be allowed to come back?” Red asked.
“You are not a prisoner Red,” the Queen cut in. “You will know when the time is right to come back.”
“But we should be on the way, it is a long march to Camalot.” The king said. “Do you have a horse Red?”
“No, i do not.” Red replied.
“That is fine, i will have one readied for you.” Bloodwolfe said as he called to a soldier and informed him to ready a horse.
“Grave, since you and Red seem to have become the greatest of friends yesterday, it might be good for you to ride with him.” The King said as he mounted his own horse beside his Queen.
“Oh sure i will, nothing i like more than baby sitting.” Grave replied, with a wink to Red.
Back to top Go down

Camalot pt5
Page 1 of 1