Camalot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camalot

This is a forum for members of the Camalot alliance on Evony.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Camalot pt3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RedPrince

RedPrince

Camalot pt3 Empty
PostSubject: Camalot pt3   Camalot pt3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:15 pm

whoot whoot i am on a roll today i will be posting another part shortly after this too.

Red walked to the town square his steps as sure as he could plant them. He had never met anyone of royal blood, or anyone of great importance, he wasn’t sure how he was to act, or if he even cared.
The whole town was gathered around the group of people that had shown up. Whispers and chatter washed through the crowed like a wind storm.
Red stopped outside the crowed looking over them at the new comers. From here they looked just like travellers, not royalty. There were several men and even a few woman in the group. But still nothing to show they were of major importance. Then why did he feel so weird, like everything was about to change somehow. His heart was beating faster, his breathing was deep and hearty his palms moist with sweat.
“This is foolish, nothing is going to happen.” Red muttered louder than he had intended, but those near him had heard him.
“It’s Red!” Several called as they made way so a clear trail was awaiting him to the new comers.
His first step forward was loose and humble and he stumbled a little but quickly righted himself. The ten steps to the new comers seemed to take ages as all eyes were on him.
“You must be Red.” A tall, powerfully built man addressed him. The man had several days of dark beard growth on his face, his black, tanned leather riding leggings and vest were dusty and grimy, showing he has been riding hard for several days.
“Yes, i am Red.” He replied back, doing his best to keep his voice calm.
The man looked him up and down with his piercing blue eyes as if reading his entire life story in mere moments. “I’ve been told you led the defending attack on Lord Victor and his men. Is there truth in this?”
“Yes, i did.” Red replied his words growing a little cold, thinking he was in trouble for defending his town and life.
“I also hear you single handed bested and killed Lord Victor himself? Not an easy feat i assure you. I fought him two years ago in the games at the Summer Festival, it ended in a stand still.” The man said as he ran his hand through his long black hair clearing it from his eyes.
“He died on his hands and knees like the pig that he was easily enough like murderers and bastards deserve!” Red hissed bitterly. “What do you want here?”
But before the man could answer another stepped forward, he was little shorter then Red, slender but the corded muscles of his arms showed he was well built under his leather jerkin.“Hey, the tone here is getting a little edgy guy’s, simmer down there Red.” The man’s black eyes looked from Red to the other man with a smirk and a wink.
“I am King Bloodwolfe, from Camalot.” The first man said to Red. “We were tracking Lord Victor and his men for almost a week now, they slaughtered a farming town boarding my lands. We were hunting them down, but it seems you already took care of it for me. I thank you.”
“I did nothing but defend my home, nothing more.” Red replied, feeling stupid for his tone before.
“One of the many traits of a great man, is just that. The ability to put all else aside and do what your heart tells you regardless of what’s around you and what you were given in life.” The King told him.
“I am not a great man, merely a lumber jack.” Red said, having a hard time meeting the king’s eyes now.
“Nonsense, pure nonsense!” The man who had interrupted earlier bellowed out. “Your better then you know, you just don’t know it yet.”
“Grave that is enough.” The King interjected, before anything else could be said.
“I would like you to come with us Red.’ The King said. “To come back to Camalot with us for awhile, so we may talk.”
“Why would you want me to come with you?” Red asked his brow raising in confusion.
“So i can show you the great man that awaits inside of you.’ The King replied.
Red shook his head. “I am not a great man, you are wrong.” Red turned and began to walk away, when he heard the ringing of a blade being pulled free. On pure instinct alone he spun to his right as a dagger thrust for his back. He punched down hard, hitting Grave’s arm at the elbow, buckling it and causing him to drop the dagger, a left hook caught Grave under the chin and sent him to the ground.
Red snapped up the dagger in his hand and glared at Grave and the King as if awaiting another attack.
“Not a great man eh?” Grave laughed as he rubbed his chin. “If that was so, you’d be a dead man right now.” He finished with a wink.
“That is enough i said Grave, that was uncalled for.” The King scolded. “My apologise Red, there was no danger on your life, Grave was merely trying to prove a point.”
“I know there was no danger on my life.” Red barked back. “Only on the fool who thinks to stab a man in the back!” Red turned his intent stare back onto Grave. “Your alive, only because i allowed it!”
Grave smiled widened. “I knew i was going to like you.”
“We will stay for the night, so our horse can rest and we can wash up, and tomorrow we will leave Vanity.”The King replied.
“What?” Grave barked out. “We can’t leave without...” but he was cut short.
“I SAID ENOUGH! Grave.” The King commanded. “We leave in the morning. Thank you for your time Red, may we meet again one day.”
Red turned away and began to walk away.
“Hey i want my dagger back!” Grave called to him.
In one fluent motion Red spun around and the dagger flashed, clearing the distance in a heartbeat and embedded deep into the earth not even an inch from Graves groin. Then he turned again and left the same way he had come.
“Holy hell!” Grave bellowed out, seeing the blade appear so close to his man hood.
“Damn fine throw.” One of the woman remarked, seeing a bead of sweat on Graves brow.
“Might even beat you in that Jeanne.” Grave replied pulling his dagger free and standing up.
Jeanne chuckled causing a lock of blond hair to sway in front of her face. “I would like to test that.”
Back to top Go down

Camalot pt3
Page 1 of 1