Camalot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Camalot

This is a forum for members of the Camalot alliance on Evony.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Merger Poll

Go down 
+3
RedPrince
Jeanne dArc
WhiteWolf
7 posters

Should Camalot merge with alliance Warriors?
Yes
Merger Poll I_vote_lcap60%Merger Poll I_vote_rcap
 60% [ 6 ]
No
Merger Poll I_vote_lcap40%Merger Poll I_vote_rcap
 40% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
WhiteWolf
Admin
WhiteWolf

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 2:15 am

Should Camalot merge with alliance Warriors? I will not be voting on this until I have completely 100% made up my mind. However, unlike most of the opinions I have heard so far, am leaning towards no. Here's why...

While merging with another alliance makes perfect logical, in-game sense I wonder what it will do to our value and honor system. We are a very tight knit group and one that is enduring. It's not how hard we get knocked down, it's how we get back up. In past attacks we have always gotten back up and showed a unity in saying "We are Camalot, we are strong. We are standing once more". This time, if we merge, it will be saying "Ok, we're getting back up since we got knocked down but we'll just go over here now because maybe we can't stand anymore". I'm also weary that our hostiles will see it this way as well.

I do not want our group relationships to change either. While having more people in an alliance will add to the atmosphere, having so many people around can easily distance us as original Camalot members. We are a family. With a merger, that family might not have the same atmosphere and the relationships could change... I do not want this to happen.

Also, there are several people in this alliance who have worked pretty hard to get their title such as Officer, Presbyter and Vice Host. It would be like a slap in the face to have everyone stripped of the titles they worked so hard for. It would lower morale among existing members and the merger would make it that much more stressful on them and we would still be losing members. It's like telling them "Ok, you worked hard to get this but now we have new management and you're getting demoted so all that work you did? It's out the window now. Sorry."

Lastly, I do not think Warriors has a means of communication other than in-game. Of course we have our forum and will need to decide what to do with it if we merge. But I would personally like to see a form of communication such as a website or forum where members can still communicate when the Evony server goes down, which it does periodically.

I am not saying this to disagree; I'm merely making observations as to why a merger would be bad. Like I said, merging makes complete sense as far as actual game play. But what we have is far more than simple game play... we have built a family. We need to put family first and think about how a merger would affect us as a family.
Back to top Go down
https://camalot.forumotion.com
Jeanne dArc

Jeanne dArc

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Honor and Value   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:16 am

I agree with your reasoning when it comes to understanding what we have here at Camalot and believe me, it pains me to be in the position of having to make this decision. However, there is no reason to believe that people would lose their titles, this is a point of negotiation. For myself, I did not work hard just to get a title but to help my alliance and personally don't care if I lose it.

I think we have already sold our souls for the peace we now have with X. Look at the conditions that we had to agree to just to make this peace and keep our people from continual bombardment under which they have lost cities and much more.

I also feel that we are a family because of who we are and how we reach out to help each other. That only changes if we let it.
Back to top Go down
RedPrince

RedPrince

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:53 am

our family wouldnt change, not for a second i dont think, i'm still gonna be just as cude, rude and awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
WhiteWolf
Admin
WhiteWolf

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: From Exodus   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:50 pm

I mentioned our possible merger to John3, leader of Exodus, and he replied interestingly. Figured I'd post it here as some food for thought...

"I would be careful with joining WARRIORS. I have my doubts about their intentions. Word is they are trying to become like the big guys and possibly could try to take things over. But thats just word of mouth. Just be careful.
Your welcome here if you find you don't want to join them. We are not at war with anyone, but we are part of the coalition to protect Carinthia. Just keep that in mind.

John3"

However, please do not let ANY of this information get out to the public or players outside of our alliance. Exodus is working to find out more of their intentions and will make plans from there.

"All I know is, they tried to get a few alliances to join with them. Your not the first. And probably won't be the last.
Its only my opinion, but they want to be big time like the big boys. They can't because they don't have the coordination to do so.
We are "Friendlies" with them. But that might be as far as we go. When Fleety did invade Car a while back, the guy above you, KingArthur stopped the attacks and let everyone else to fight, me included.

John3"

I remember this fight to run vrgn out of Carinthia. The next day King Arthur sent a mail saying thank you and good job so I had assumed he had been fighting with us.

"I know your feelings. I know this is a game, but I consider my members like a part of the family. We have a great group here and I would never give them up. I know your decision is hard and I would not want to be in it. You and any of your members with your views are welcome here. I'll keep the light on for ya."

If we choose not to merge with WARRIORS we have been invited to merge with Exodus. Just something to keep in mind.

Last edited by WhiteWolf on Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:24 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added more info)
Back to top Go down
https://camalot.forumotion.com
nickoale

nickoale

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: merger   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 pm

I am on the fence with this one, yes we are family and have come very close to each other, and that is something i would not want to risk interrupting as white said distanced from one another, and i agree with dArc, the drastic terms X made us take to be safe, with there fear of Red banning him.

john3 may be right And that may be why WARRIORS told X Red would be welcome and protected, maybe they are trying to be the biggest, Red has power and prestige, but im still am not sure why a merger is necessary if they want us so bad why haven't they helped us more when camalot was being attacked.

And i do see the good side of it as well more protection, more help maybe, so what i will go with what is decided to be best, i as well am not worried about my title, it is nice, but anything i do if for camalot as a whole, i am on the fence with this, i see the positives and negatives, but i am not sure.
Back to top Go down
BloodWolfe

BloodWolfe

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Merge   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:05 pm

After much deliberation and a lot of thinking I am against a merger at this time. I first started Camalot cause i was new to the game didnt want to join another allaince. I didnt know at the time that the allaince i created,mostly for the quest,was going to grow in what we are today. To give up the allaince just cause we are threatend make no sense. We just learn from our mistakes and go on. As for having to band Red. He has two accounts. Why not keep RedDeath in camalot. RedPrince could go to WARRIORS as a liason between the two to make sure that they are on the up and up. That way attacks come in to Camalot Red will be in a position to get that help from the other allaince. With White's relationship with John3 that would guarentee help from Exodus. Many of you will say well damn we been through this twice already, when is it going to end. It may not this is a war game. If you feel you must leave Camalot because you fear for your safety or that I am not capable enough to help us grow, that is fine I respect that. But leaving cause you dont want your ass whipped is redundent, we will all get our ass whipped once in a while, we just learn and go on. THat is all I have to say about that and I wish everyone God Speed.

Lord BloodWolfe
Back to top Go down
Jeanne dArc

Jeanne dArc

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: back at you BloodWolfe   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:10 pm

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.You have put it beautifully and I'm glad that you did. My hope has always been that we wouldn't lose Camalot. You've just made it possible for us to keep it.
Back to top Go down
RedPrince

RedPrince

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:25 pm

Im not leaving the allaince, wait for ym return, i shall be back
Back to top Go down
Slayer1990

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: merger   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 4:30 pm

As nickoale stated, i to cannot decide. This idea can go both ways, i will not leave this alliance unless it is stripped under my feet. In the first war against fleet i didnt lose much until the very end, and i only lost my small cities then. In this new war ive lost my best city, oh well, im not running and neither should anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Mythrandier

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:08 pm

I'm going to voice my personal opinion on the merger that I haven't said yet.

-It's ridiculous, last I looked WARRIORS could only take 28 of us. They were full with 62 members. What about the ones we leave behind? Everyone in this alliance is family, I can't be apart of just saying hey figure it out for yourself to almost 20 people. I left once due to school, and almost feel selfish for doing it, right when Camalot needed all the help they could get. I won't do it again if I have a choice of helping the rest of the alliance.

-Regarding the lose of city's and rebuilding, there are a few of us nearly in position to start taking npc's even up to lvl 10 if we worked together. I believe if we only attack npc's and work on just building troops with the resources retrieved from npc's we will build much faster than just building from scratch. There are tons of barb cities in Carinthia ranging in all levels, we can only efficiently harvest from level 5 npc's and down leaving ton's of level 6 and up npc's for taking. If we take level 6 npc's for players we can allow them to build still to accuire prez. This will give them a much stronger base for a city than starting from scratch.

-Finally, I think our chances are just about as good within WARRIORS as they are outside of them. Chaos is our only real threat at the moment, and if they teleport into Carinthia they are going to have to worry about everyone in the state. I believe our best chances lie within working well with the Carinthian alliance of alliances to push our enemy's out and keep them out.

I for one would rather keep Camalot intact, as a family that won't lose some of it's members. We are and always will be a family but we cannot just run and hide under others and leave parts of our family behind. I know we can pull through this, we just need to keep our ducks in a row and get better communications going.

Now that I'm done with my rant, I'm going to go vote.
Mythrandier
Back to top Go down
http://mythrandier.webs.com/
Jeanne dArc

Jeanne dArc

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 8:31 pm

Very well put Myth. I told BloodWolfe I would follow him and I will do that.
Back to top Go down
nickoale

nickoale

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:35 pm

yay, thank you so much blood for not disbanding the alliance, i did not want to go anywhere, i am not going anywhere as well, unless the is torn apart!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Merger Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merger Poll   Merger Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Merger Poll
Page 1 of 1